Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act,2005
Section 7. Application for grant of licence
(1) An application for grant of licence to a private security agency shall be made to the Controlling Authority in such form as may be prescribed.
(2) The applicant shall submit an affidavit incorporating the details in relation to the provisions contained in Section 6, ensure the availability of the training for its private security guards and supervisors required under sub-section (2) of Section 9, fulfilment of conditions under Section 11 and of cases registered with police or pending in a court of law involving the applicant.
(3) Every application under sub-section (1) shall be accompanied by a fee of-
(a) Rupees Five thousand if the private security agency is operating in one district of a State;
(b) Rupees Ten thousand if the agency is operating in more than one but up to five districts of a State; and
(c) Rupees Twenty-five thousand if it is operating in the whole State.
(4) On receipt of an application under sub-section (1), the Controlling Authority may, after making such inquiries as it considers necessary and obtaining no objection certificate from the concerned police authority, by order in writing, either grant a licence or refuse to grant the same within a period of sixty days from the date of receipt of application with complete particulars and the prescribed fee :
Provided that no order of refusal shall be made unless-
(a) the applicant has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard; and
(b) the grounds on which licence is refused is mentioned in the order.
(5) A licence granted under this section-
(a) shall be valid for a period of five years unless the same is cancelled under subsection (1) of Section 13;
(b) may be renewed from time to time after the expiry of five years, for a further period of five years on payment of such fee as may be prescribed; and
(c) shall be subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.