Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act,2005
Section 9. Conditions for commencement of operation and engagement of supervisors
(1) Every private security agency shall, within six months of obtaining the licence, commence its activities.
(2) Every private security agency shall ensure imparting of such training and skills to its private security guards and supervisors as may be prescribed :
Provided that the person carrying on the business of private security agency, before the commencement of this Act, shall ensure the required training to its security guards and supervisors within a period of one year from the date of such commencement.
(3) Every private security agency shall, within sixty days from the date of issue of the licence, employ such number of supervisors, as may be prescribed.
(4) A private security agency shall not employ or engage a person as a supervisor unless he fulfils the conditions specified in sub-section (1) of Section 10.
(5) While engaging a supervisor of private security guards, every private security agency shall give preference to a person who has experience of serving in the Army, Navy, Air Force or any other Armed forces of the Union or State Police including armed constabularies and Home Guards for a period of not less than three years.