The Public Liability Insurance Act,1991
Section 23. Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters namely:-
1[(a) The maximum amount for which an insurance policy may be taken out by an owner under sub-section (2A) of Section 4;
(aa) The amount required to be paid by every owner for being credited, to the Relief Fund under sub-section (2C) of Section 4;
(ab) The manner in which and the period within which the amount received from the owner is required to be remitted by the insurer under sub-section (2D) of Section 4;]
2[(ac) Establishment and maintenance of fund under sub-section (3) of Section 4;]
(b) The form of application and the particulars to be given therein and the documents to accompany such application under sub-section (2) of Section 6;
(c) The procedure for holding an inquiry under subsection (4) of Section 7;
(d) The purposes for which the Collector shall have powers of a Civil Court under sub-section (5) of Section 7;
(e) The manner in which notice of the offence and of the intention to make a complaint to the Central Government shall be given under clause (b) of Section 18;
(f) Any other matter which is required to be, or may be, prescribed.
(3) Every 3[rule or scheme] made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the 3 [rule or scheme] or both Houses agree that the 3[rule or scheme] should not be made, the 3[rule or scheme] shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any Such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done that rule.
1. Ins. by Act No. 11of 1992.
2. Original Cl. (a) re-lettered as clause (ac) by Act No. 11of 1992.
3. Subs. by Act No. 11of 1992, for “rule” .