30. ANNUAL LEAVE WITH WAGES. –
(1) Every worker shall be allowed leave with wages for a number of days calculated at the rate of –
(a) if an adult, one day for every twenty days of work performed by him, and
(b) if a young person, one day for every fifteen days of work performed by him :
Explanation: For the purpose of calculating leave under this sub-section –
(a) any day on which no work or less than half a day’s work is performed shall not be counted, and
(b) any day on which half or more than half a day’s work is performed shall be counted as one day.
Explanation II : The leave admissible under this sub-section shall be exclusive of all holidays, whether occurring during, or at either end of, the period of leave.
(2) If a worker does not in any one period of twelve months take the whole of the leave allowed to him under sub-section (1) any leave not taken by him shall be added to the leave to be allowed to him under that sub-section in the succeeding period of twelve months.
(3) A worker shall cease to earn any leave under this section when the earned leave due to him amounts to thirty days.
(4) If the employment of a worker who is entitled to leave under this section is terminated by the employer before he has taken the entire leave to which he is entitled, the employer shall pay him the amount payable under Sec. 3 in respect of the leave not taken, and such payment shall be made before the expiry of the second working day after such termination.