Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act,1981
14. MEMBER-SECRETARY AND OFFICERS AND OTHERS EMPLOYEES OF STATE BOARDS.
(1) The terms and conditions of service of the member-secretary of a State Board constituted under this Act shall be such as may be prescribed.
1(2) The member-secretary of a State Board, whether constituted under this Act or not, shall exercise such powers and performs such duties as may be prescribed, or as may, from time to time, be delegated to him by the State Board or its Chairman.
(3) Subject to such rules as may be made by the State Government in this behalf, a State Board, whether constituted under this Act or not, may appoint such officers and other employees as it considers necessary for the efficient performance of its functions under this Act.
(4) The method of appointment, the conditions of service and the scales of pay of the officers (other than member-secretary) and other employees of a State Board appointed under sub-section (3) shall be such as may be determined by regulations made by the State Board under this Act.
(5) Subject to such conditions as may be prescribed, a State Board constituted under this Act may from time to time appoint any qualified person to be a consultant to the Board and pay him such salary and allowances or fees, as it thinks fit.
1. Subs. by Act 47 of 1987, sec. 6, for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 1-4-1988).