Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act,1981
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE OF MEMBERS.
(1) Save as otherwise provided by or under this Act, a member of a State Board constituted under this Act, other than the member-secretary, shall hold office for a term of three years from the date on which his nomination is notified in the Official Gazette :
Provided that a member shall, notwithstanding the expiration of his term, continue to hold office until his successor enters upon his office.
(2) The term of office of a member of a State Board constituted under this Act and nominated under clause (b) or clause (e) of sub-section (2) of Section 5 shall come to an end as soon as he ceases to hold the office under the State Government or, as the case may be, the company or corporation owned, controlled or managed by the State Government, by virtue of which he was nominated.
(3) A member of a State Board constituted under this Act, other than the member-secretary, may at any time resign his office by writing under his hand addressed, –
(a) in the case of the Chairman, to the State Government; and
(b) in any other case, to the Chairman, of the State Board, and the seat of the Chairman or such other member shall thereupon become vacant.
(4) A member of a State Board constituted under this Act, other than the member-secretary, shall be deemed to have vacated his seat, if he is absent without reason, sufficient in the opinion of the State Board, from three consecutive meetings of the State Board or where he is nominated under clause (c) of sub-section (2) of Section 5, he ceases to be a member of the local authority and such vacation of seat shall, in either case, take effect from such date as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify.
(5) A casual vacancy in a State Board constituted under this Act shall be filled by a fresh nomination and the person nominated to fill the vacancy shall hold office only for the remainder of the term for which the member whose place he takes was nominated.
(6) A member of a State Board constituted under this Act shall be eligible for re-nomination. 1[***]
(7) The other terms and conditions of service of the Chairman and other members (except the member-secretary) of a State Board constituted under this Act shall be such as may be prescribed.
1. The words “but not for more than two terms” omitted by Act 47 of 1987, sec. 5 (w.e.f. 1-4-1988).