Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Rights Act,2001
Section 4. Meeting of Authority
(1) The Authority shall meet at such time and place and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings including the quorum at its meetings and the transaction of business of its Standing Committee appointed under sub-section (7) of Section 3 as may be prescribed.
(2) The Chairperson of the Authority shall preside at the meetings of the Authority.
(3) If, for any reason the Chairperson is unable to attend any meeting of the Authority, any member of the Authority chosen by the members present shall preside at the meeting.
(4) All questions which come before any meeting of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members of the Authority present and voting and in the event of equality of votes, the Chairperson of the Authority or in his absence, the person presiding shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
(5) Every member who is in any way, whether directly, indirectly or personally, concerned or interested in a matter to be decided at the meeting shall disclose the nature of his concern or interest and after such disclosure, the member, concerned or interested, shall not attend that meeting.
(6) No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be invalid merely by reason of-
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Authority; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as the Chairperson or a member of the Authority; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Authority not affecting the merits of the case.