The Public Premises(Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Act,1971
Section 11. Offences and penalty.-
1[(1) If any person unlawfully occupies, any public premises, he shall be punishable with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months,, or with fine which may extend to five thousand rupees; or with both:
Provided that a person who, having been lawfully in occupation of any public premises by virtue of any authority (whether by way of grant, allotment or by any other mode whatsoever) continues to be in occupation of such premises after such premises after such authority has ceased to be valid, shall not be guilty of such offence.]
2[(2)] If any person who has been evicted from any public premises under this Act again occupies the premises without authority for such occupation, he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term, which may extend to one year. or with fine which may extend to 3[five thousand rupees], or with both.
4[(3)] Any magistrate convicting a person under 5[sub-section (2)] may make an order for evicting that person summarily and he shall be liable to such eviction without prejudice to any other action that may be taken against him under this Act.
1. Ins. by Act 35 of 1984, Sec. 6 (w.e.f. 13th November,1984).
2. Sub-section (1) and (2) renumbered as sub-section (2) and (3) thereof by Sec. 6. by Act 35 of 1984. (w.e.f. 13th November,1984).
3. Subs. by Sec. 6, by Act 35 of 1984, for “one thousand rupees” (w.e.f. 13th November,1984).
4. Subs. by Sec. 6, by Act 35 of 1984, for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 13th November,1984).
5. Ins. by Sec. 7, by Act 35 of 1984, (w.e.f.13th November,1984).