The Prison Act,1894
Section 12. Records to be kept by Superintendent
The Superintendent shall kept or cause to be kept, the following records :–
(1) A register of prisoners admitted ;
(2) A book showing when each prisoner is to be released ;
(3) A punishment-book for the entry of the punishments inflicted on prisoners for prison-offences ;
(4) A visitors’ book for the entry of any observations made by the visitors touching any matters connected with the administration of the prison ;
(5) A record of the money and other articles taken from prisoners ;
And all such other records as may be prescribed by rules under section 1.
1. The words and figures “or s.60” omitted by the A.O.1937.