The Provincial Small Cause Courts Act,1887
Section 12. Registrar
1[(1) There may be appointed to a Court of Small Causes an officer to be called the Registrar of the Court.]
(2) Where a Registrar is appointed, he shall be the chief ministerial officer of the Court.
(3) The State Government may, by order in writing, confer upon a Registrar, within the local limits of the jurisdiction of the Court, the jurisdiction of a Judge of a Court of Small Causes for the trial of suits of which the value does not exceed twenty rupees.
(4) The Registrar shall try such suits cognizable by him as the Judge may, by general or special order, direct.
1. Subs. by the A.O.1937 for the original sub-section which read: “(1) The L.G.may appoint to a Court of Small Causes an officer to be called the Registrar of the Court.”
2. Sub-section (5), which read: “A Registrar may be suspended or removed from office by the L.G.”, was rep.by the A O.1937.