The Provincial Small Cause Courts Act,1887
Section 8. Additional Judges
1[(1) If the State Government so direct, there may be appointed, by order in writing, Additional Judges of a Court of Small Causes or of two or more such Courts.]
(2) 2[An Additional] Judge shall discharge such of the functions of the Judge of the Court or Courts as the Judge may assign to him, and in the discharge of those functions shall exercise the same powers as the Judge.
(3) The Judge may withdraw from 2[an Additional] Judge any business pending before him.
(4) When the Judge is absent, the 3[senior] Additional Judge may discharge all or any of the functions of the Judge.
1. Subs. by the A.O.1937 for the original sub-section.
2. Subs. by Act 11 of 1915, s.2 and Sch.I, for “the Additional”.
3. Ins.by s.2 and Sch.I, by Act 11 of 1915.