The Rubber Act,1947
Section 13. Power to fix maximum and minimum prices for sale of rubber
(1) The Central Government may 3[if it deems necessary] 1by order 2published in the Official Gazette fix the maximum price or the minimum price pr the maximum and minimum prices to be charged in the course of a business of any class specified in the order for rubber of any description so specified.
(2) Any such order may fix different maximum or minimum prices to be charged in the course of business of different classes for the same description of rubber.
(3) If any person buys or sells, or agrees to buy or sell at a price which is more than the maximum price or less than the minimum price fixed under sub-section (1) in that behalf he shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine or with both.
1. The word “after consulting the Rubber Price Advisory Committee constituted under sub-section (1) of section 7” omitted by Act 54 of 1954 s. 15.
2. For such orders, see Gazette of India 1947, Pt. l, p. 1380 and ibid Extraordinary, p. 1383.
3. Ins. By Act No. 4 of 2010 w.e.f. 21.1.2010.