Rajasthan Sales Tax Act,1994
Section 37. Rectification of a mistake
(1) With a view to rectifying any mistake apart from the record, any officer appointed or any authority constituted under the Act may rectify suo motu or otherwise any order passed by him.
Explanation : A mistake apparent from the record shall include an order which was valid when it was made and is subsequently rendered invalid by an amendment of the law having retrospective operation or by a judgment of the Supreme Court, the Rajasthan High Court or the Rajasthan Tax Board.
(2) No application for rectification shall be filed under sub-section (1) after the expiry of a period of three years from the date of the order sought to be rectified.
(3) Where an application under sub-section (1) is presented to the assessing authority, appellate authority or Tax Board and a receipt there of is obtained, it shall be disposed of within a period of one year from date of presentation and where such application is not disposed of within the said period, the same shall be deemed to have been accepted.
(4) No rectification under this section shall be made after the expiry of four years from the date of the order sought to be rectified.
(5) An order of rectification which has the effect of increasing the liability of a dealer in any way, shall not be made without affording him an opportunity of being heard.