Rajasthan Sales Tax Act,1994
Section 75. Accounts to be maintained by a dealer
(1) Every dealer liable to pay tax under this Act shall keep and maintain a true and correct account of his business activities in an intelligible form including the value and quantity of the goods received, manufactured, sold or otherwise disposed of or held in stock by him.
(2) Every manufacturer liable to pay tax under this Act shall, in addition to accounts referred to in sub-section (1), maintain a stock book of raw materials used and finished goods produced.
(3) The accounts required to be maintained under sub-section (1) shall be kept by the dealer at the place (s) of business as recorded in his certificate of registration, and the stock book as referred to in sub-section (2) shall be kept at the place where manufacturing activity is carried on, however final accounts, annual statement, registers and documents shall be kept at principal place of business.
(4) Where a dealer has established branches at places in the State other than the principal place of business, the necessary accounts, registers and documents relating to the business activities being carried on at each branch shall, without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (3), be kept by him at such branch.
(5) The accounts, registers and documents, relating to a year shall be preserved and kept by a dealer for six years excluding the year to which they relate, and this period of six years shall be deemed extended by such time until any pending proceeding referring thereto under the Act is finally disposed of.