The Registration Act,1908
Section 57. Registering officers to allow inspection of certain books and indexes, and to give certified copies of entries
(1) Subject to the previous payment of the fees payable in that behalf, the Books Nos.1 and 2 and the Indexes relating to Book No. I shall be at all times open to inspection by any person applying to inspect the same; and, subject to the provisions of Section 62, copies of entries in such books shall be given to all persons applying for such copies.
(2) Subject to the same provisions, copies of entries in Book No. 3 in the Index relating thereto shall be given to the persons executing the documents to which such entries relate, or to their agents, and after the death of the executants (but not before) to any person applying for such copies.
(3) Subject to the same provisions, copies of entries in Book No. 4 and in the Index relating thereto shall be given to any person executing or claiming under the documents to which such entries respectively refer, or to his agent or representative.
(4) The requisite search under this section for entries in Book No. 3 and 4 shall be made only by the registering officer.
(5) All copies given under this section shall be signed and scaled by the registering officer, and shall admissible for the purpose of proving the contents of the original documents.