Rajiv Gandhi University Act,2006
Schedule 41. Ordinances how made
(See Section 30)
(1) The first Ordinances made under sub-section (2) of Section 31 may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Executive Council in the manner specified in the following clauses.
(2) No Ordinance in respect of the matters enumerated in sub-section (1) of Section 31 shall be made by the Executive Council unless a draft of such Ordinance has been proposed by the Academic Council.
(3) The Executive Council shall not have power to amend any draft of any Ordinance proposed by the Academic Council under clause (2), but may reject the proposal or return the draft to the Academic Council for re-consideration, either in whole or in part, together with any amendment which the Executive Council may suggest.
(4) Where the Executive Council has rejected or returned the draft of an Ordinance proposed by the Academic Council, the Academic Council may consider the question afresh and in case the original draft is reaffirmed by a majority of not less than two-thirds of the members present and voting and more than half the total number of members of the Academic Council, the draft may be sent back to the Executive Council which shall either adopt it or refer it to the Visitor whose decision shall be final.
(5) Every Ordinance made by the Executive Council shall come into effect immediately.
(6) Every Ordinance made by the Executive Council shall be submitted to the Visitor within two weeks from the date of its adoption.
(7) The Visitor shall have the power to direct the University to suspend the operation of any Ordinance.
(8) The Visitor shall inform the Executive Council about his objection to the Ordinance referred to in clause (7) and may, after receiving the comments of the University, either withdraw the order suspending the Ordinance or disallow the Ordinance, and his decision shall be final.