The Representation of the People Act,1950
Section 27 H. Manner of filling of seats in the Council of States allotted to Union territories
1[***] The sell or seats in the Council of’ States allotted to any 2[Union territory] 3[***] in the Fourth Schedule lo the Constitution shall be filled by a person or persons elected by the members of the electoral college for 4[that territory] 5[***] in accordance with the system of proportional representation by means of the single transferable vote:
6[Provided that the person who immediately fore the commencement of the Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act,1956, is filling the seat allotted to the Pail C States of Manipur and Tripura shall, as from such commencement, be deemed to have been duly elected to fill the seal allotted to the Union territory of Tripura
1. Certain words omitted by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order,1956.
2. Subs. by the Adaptation or laws (No. 2) Order,1956, for “Part C States” .
3. The words “or group of’ such States” omitted by the Adaptation of act (No. 2) Order,1956.
4. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order,1956, for “such State.”
5. The words “or group of States” omitted by Act 2 of 1956, sec. 23.
6. Ins. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 2) Order,1956.