The Representation of the People Act,1950
Section 4. Filling of seats in the House of the People and parliamentary constituencies
2[(2) All the seats in the House of the People allotted to the States under section 3 shall be seats to be filled by persons chosen by direct election from parliamentary constituencies in the States.]
(3) Every parliamentary constituency referred to in sub-section (2) shall be a single member constituency.
(4) Every State to which only one seat is allotted under section 3 shall form one parliamentary constituency.
3[(5) Save as provided in sub-section (4), the extent of all parliamentary constituencies except the parliamentary constituencies in the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Jharkhand, Manipur and Nagaland shall be as determined by the orders of the Delimitation Commission made under the provisions of the Delimitation Act,2002 (33 of 2002) and the extent of the parliamentary constituencies in the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Jharkhand, Manipur and Nagaland shall be as provided for in the Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order,2008 having regard to the provisions of Sections 10-A and 10-B of the Delimitation Act,2002.]
1. Sub-section (1) omitted by Act 29 of 1975, sec. 11 (w.e.f. 15-8-1975).
2. Subs. by Act 29 of 1975, sec. 11, for subsection (2) (w.e.f. 15-8-1975).
3. Subs. by Act No. 10 of 2008 w.e.f. 28-3-2008