The Representation of the People Act,1951
Section 121. Payment of costs out of security deposits and return of such deposits
(1) If in any order as to costs under the provisions of this Part there is a direction for payment of costs by any party to any person, such costs shall, if they have not been already paid, be paid in full, or so far as possible out of the security deposit and the further security deposit, if any, made by such party under this part on an application made in writing in that behalf 1[within a period of one year, from the date of such order] to 2[the High Court] by the person in whose favour the costs have been awarded.
(2) If there is any balance left of any of the said security deposits after payment under subsection (1) of the costs referred to in that subsection, such balance, or where no costs have been awarded or no application is aforesaid has been made within the said period of 3[one year] the whole of the said security deposits may, on an application made in that behalf in Writing to 2[the High Court] by the person by whom the deposits have been made or if such person dies after making such deposits by legal representative of such person, be returned to the said person or to his legal representative, as the case may be.
1. Subs. by Act 58 of 1958, sec. 34, for certain words
2. Subs. by Act 47 of 1966, sec. 52, for ” the Election Commission” (w.e.f. 14-12-1966).
3. Subs. by Act 58 of 1958, sec. 34, for “six months” .