The Representation of the People Act,1951
Section 152. List of members of the State Legislative Assemblies and electoral colleges to be maintained by returning officers concerned
(1) The returning officer for an election by the elected members of the Legislative Assembly of a State to fill a seats in the Council of States or for an election, by the members of the Legislative Assembly of a State to Fill a seat or seats in the Legislative Council of the shall, for the purposes of such election maintain is his office in the prescribed manner and form a list of elected members or a list of members, as the case may be of that Legislative Assembly.
(2) The returning officer for an election b- the members of the electoral college for a 1[Union territory] 2[* * ] to fill a seat or seats in the Council of States shall for the purposes of such selection, maintain in his office in the prescribed manner and form a list of members of that electoral college 3[ * * *]
(3) Copies of the lists referred to in sub-section (1) and (2) shall be made available for sale.
1. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (N0. 2) Order 1956, for “Part C State” ..
2. The words or group of such States omitted by Act 27 of 1956, sec. 77.
3. Certain words omitted by Act 49 of 1951, sec 44 and the Fifth Sch.