The Regional Rural Banks Act,1976
Section 11. Chairman
(1) The Central Government shall appoint an individual to be the Chairman of a Regional Rural Bank and specify the period, not exceeding five years, for which such individual shall, subject to the provisions of sub-section (4), hold office as the Chairman.
(2) The individual, appointed as a Chairman under sub-section (1), shall, on the expiry of the period specified under that sub-section, be eligible for re-appointment.
(3) The Chairman shall devote his whole time to the affairs of the Regional Rural Bank and shall have, subject to the superintendence, control and direction of the Board, the management of the whole of the affairs of the Regional Rural Bank.
(4) The Chairman shall hold office during the pleasure of the Central Government.
(5) The Chairman shall receive such salary and allowances and be governed by such terms and conditions of service as may be determined by the Central Government.
(6) If the Chairman is, by infirmity or otherwise, rendered incapable of carrying out his duties or is absent, on leave or otherwise, in circumstances not involving the vacation of office, the Central Government may appoint another individual to act as the Chairman during the absence of the first-mentioned Chairman.