The Reformatory Schools Act,1897
Section 17. Appointment of Superintendent and committee of Visitors or board of Management
(1) For the control and management of every Reformatory School, the State Government shall 1appoint either (a) a Superintendent and a Committee of Visitors, or (b) a Board of Management.
(2) Every Committee and every Board so appointed must consist of not less than five persons2.
(3) The State Government may suspend or remove nay Superintendent or any Member of a Committee or Board so appointed.
1. For notification making such appointments, see different local Rules and Orders.
2. The words “of whom two at least shall be Natives of India ” omitted by the A.O.1950