The Sarais Act,1867
Section 7. Duties of keepers sarais
The keeper of a sarais shall be bound—
(1) When any person in such sarais is ill of any infectious or contagious disease or dies of such disease to give immediate notice thereof to the nearest police-station.
(2) At all times when requires by any Magistrate or any other person duly authorized by the Magistrate of the District in this behalf to give him free access to the sarais and allow him to inspect the same or any part thereof;
(3) To thoroughly cleanse the rooms and verandas and drains of the sarais and the wells tanks or other sources from which water is obtained for the persons or animals using it to the satisfaction of and so often as shall be required by the Magistrate of the District, or such person as he shall appoint in this behalf :
(4) To remove all noxious vegetation on or near the sarais, and all tree and branches of tree capable of affording to thieves means of entering or leaving the sarais:
(5) To keep the gates, walls, fences, roofs and drains of the sarais in repair :
(6) To provide such number of watchmen as may, in the opinion of the Magistrate of the District, subject to such rules as the State Government may prescribe in this behalf, be necessary for the safety and protection of persons and animals or vehicles in, halting at or placed in the Sarais and
(7) To exhibit a list of charges for the sarais at such place and in such form and languages as the Magistrate of the District shall from time to time direct.