Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament Act,1954
Section 3. Salaries and daily allowances
A member shall be entitled to receive 1[6 a salary at the rate of fifty thousand rupees per mensem] during the whole of his term of office 2[and subject to any rules made under this Act] 3[7an allowance at the rate of two thousand rupees for each day] during any period of residence on duty.
4[Provided that no member shall be entitled to the aforesaid allowance unless he signs the register, maintained for this purpose by the Secretariat of the House of the People or, as the case may be. Council of States, on all the days (except intervening holidays for which no such signing is required) of the session of the House for which the allowance is claimed.]
5[8Provided further that the rates of salary specified in this section shall be application from the 18th day of May,2009.]
1. The words “four thousand rupees per mensem” Subs. by Act No. 40 of 2006 w.e.f. 12-9-2006.
2. Substituted and deemed always to have been substituted for the word “plus” by the Salaries and Allowances of Members of Parliament (Amendment) Act,1958 (55 of 1958), section 3 (w.r.e.f. 1 -6-1954).
3. The Words “four hundred rupees for each day” Subs. by Act No. 40 of 2006 w.e.f. 12-9-2006.
4. Inserted, the words “one hundred and fifty rupees” by the Salary, Allowances and Pension of Members of Parliament (Amendment) Act (48 of 1993), section 2 (9-6-1993).
5. Subs. by Act No. 40 of 2006 w.e.f. 12-9-2006.
6. Subs. by Act 37 of 2010 w.e.f. 21-9-2010.
7. Subs. by Act 37 of 2010 w.e.f. 21-9-2010.
8. Subs. by Act 37 of 2010 w.e.f. 21-9-2010.