South Asian University Act,2008
Section 6. Governing Board
(1) There shall be a Governing Board of the University consisting of two members from each of the Member States of the SAARC and the President of the University:
Provided that until the first Governing Board is formed, the Inter-Governmental Steering Committee of the SAARC shall function as an interim Governing Board.
(2) The Governing Board shall be headed by the Chairperson who shall be elected from amongst the members of the Governing Board.
(3) The members of the Governing Board shall be selected in such manner and for such term as provided in Article 5 of the Schedule.
(4) The President of the University shall be the ex officio member of the Governing Board.
(5) The Governing Board shall be responsible for all the policies and directions of the University and management of its affairs.
(6) The Chairperson of the Board shall exercise such powers as may be prescribed by the Statutes.