The State Bank of Hyderabad Act,1956
Section 22. Meetings of the Board of Directors
(1) The Board of Directors shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business at its meetings as may be prescribed.
(2) The chairman of the Board of Directors shall preside at all meetings of the Board, but if for any reason, the chairman is unable to be present at a meeting, a director other than the managing director authorised by the chairman in writing in this behalf and in the absence of such authorisation, any such director elected by the directors present from among themselves shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions at a meeting of the Board of Directors shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the directors present, and in case of equality of votes, the chairman or any other director presiding at the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(4) A director who is directly or indirectly concerned or interested in any contract, loan, arrangement or proposal, entered into or proposed to be entered into by or on behalf of the Hyderabad Bank shall, at the earliest possible opportunity, disclose the nature of his interest to the Board of Directors and shall not be present at any meeting of the Board when any such contract, loan, arrangement or proposal is discussed, unless his presence is required by the other directors for the purpose of eliciting information and where any director is so required to be present, he shall not vote on any such contract, loan, arrangement or proposal.
(5) A copy of the minutes of every meeting of the Board of Directors together with copies of all connected papers shall be forwarded to the Reserve Bank as soon as possible.