Special Economic Zones Act,2005
Section 13. Constitution of Approval Committee
(1) The Central Government shall,-
(a) in the case of existing Special Economic Zones, within six months from the date of commencement of this Act;
(b) in case of other Special Economic Zones established after the commencement of this Act, within six months from the date of establishment of such Special Economic Zone,
by notification, constitute a Committee for every Special Economic Zone, to be called the Approval Committee to exercise the powers and perform the functions specified in Section 14.
(2) Every Approval Committee shall consist of-
(a) the Development Commissioner — Chairperson, ex officio;
(b) two officers of the Central Government to be nominated by that Government – Members, ex officio;
(c) two officers of the Central Government to be nominated by that Government to represent the Ministry or Department dealing with revenue – Members, ex officio;
(d) one officer of the Central Government to be nominated by that Government to represent the Ministry or Department dealing with economic affairs (financial services) – Member, ex officio;
(e) two officers of the State Government concerned to be nominated by that State Government – Members, ex officio;
(f) a representative of the Developer concerned – Special invitee.
(3) For the purpose of exercising its powers and performing its functions, the Approval Committee may invite to its meetings, such persons as the Committee deems fit, whose assistance or advice it may consider necessary.
(4) Every Approval Committee shall meet at such times and places as it considers necessary and shall have the power to regulate its own procedure.
(5) One-half of the total Members of the Approval Committee shall form a quorum, and all the acts of the Approval Committee shall be decided by a general consensus of the Members present:
Provided that in case the Approval Committee is unable to decide any matter by a general consensus, such matter shall stand referred to the Board of Approval for its decision.
(6) No act of the Approval Committee shall be called in question on the ground merely of existence of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Approval Committee.
(7) All orders and decisions of the Approval Committee and all other communications issued by it shall be authenticated by the signature of the Chairperson or any other member as may be authorised by the Approval Committee in this behalf.
(8) The term of office of an ex officio Member shall come to an end as soon as he ceases to hold office by virtue of which he was so nominated.