Special Economic Zones Act,2005
Section 16. Cancellation of letter of approval to entrepreneur
(1) The Approval Committee may, at any time, if it has any reason or cause to believe that the entrepreneur has persistently contravened any of the terms and conditions or its obligations subject to which the letter of approval was granted to the entrepreneur, cancel the letter of approval :
Provided that no such letter of approval shall be cancelled unless the entrepreneur has been afforded a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
(2) Where the letter of approval has been cancelled under sub-section (1), the Unit shall not, from the date of such cancellation, be entitled to any exemption, concession, benefit or deduction available to it, being a Unit, under this Act.
(3) Without prejudice to the provisions of this Act, the entrepreneur whose letter of approval has been cancelled under sub-section (1), shall remit, the exemption, concession, drawback and any other benefit availed by him in respect of the capital goods, finished goods lying in stock and unutilised raw materials relatable to his Unit, in such manner as may be prescribed.
(4) Any person aggrieved by an order of the Approval Committee made under subsection (1), may prefer an appeal to the Board within such time as may be prescribed.
(5) No appeal shall be admitted if it is preferred after the expiry of the time prescribed therefor:
Provided that an appeal may be admitted after the expiry of the period prescribed therefor if the appellant satisfies the Board that he had sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within the prescribed time.
(6) Every appeal made under sub-section (4) shall be in such form and shall be accompanied by a copy of the order appealed against and by such fees as may be prescribed.
(7) The procedure for disposing of an appeal shall be such as may be prescribed : Provided that before disposing of an appeal, the appellant shall be given a reasonable opportunity of being heard.