The State of Himachal Pradesh Act,1970
Section 39. Provision relating to All-India Services
(1) In this section, the expression “State cadre”.
(a) In relation to the Indian Administrative Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Administrative Service (Cadre) Rules.1954;
(b) In relation to the Indian Police Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Police Service (Cadre) Rules,1954;
(c) In relation to the Indian Forest Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Forest Service (Cadre) Rules,1966.
(2) On and from the appointed day, there shall be constituted for the State of Himachal Pradesh a State cadre of the Indian Administrative Service, a State cadre of the Indian Police Service and a State cadre of the Indian Forest Service.
(3) The initial strength and composition of each of the said State cadres shall be such as the Central Government may, by order, determine before the appointed day.
(4) Such of the members of each of the said Services borne on the Union Territories cadre thereof immediately before the appointed day, as the Central Government may, by order, specify, shall be allocated to the State cadre of Himachal Pradesh of the same Service with effect from such date or dates as may be specified in the order.
(5) Nothing in this section shall be deed to affect the operation after the appointed day of the All-India Services Act,1951, or the rules or regulations made thereunder ion relation to the State cadres of the said Services referred to in sub-section (2) or sub-section (4) and in relation to the members of those services borne on the State cadres.