1. SHORT TITLE, EXTENT, COMMENCEMENT AND APPLICATION.
(1) This Act may be called the Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Act, 1985.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date 2 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act and any reference in any provision of this Act to the commencement of this Act shall be construed as a reference to the commencement of that provision.
(4) It shall apply, in the first instance, to all the scheduled industries other than the scheduled industry relating to ships and other vessels drawn by power.
(5) The Central Government may, in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India, by notification, apply the provisions of this Act, on and from such date as may be specified in the notification, to the scheduled industry relating to ships and other vessels drawn by power.