The Small Industries Development Bank of India Act,1989
Section 30. Audit
(1) The accounts of the Small Industries Bank shall be audited by auditors duly qualified to act as auditors under sub-section (1) of section 226 of the Companies Act,1956 (1 of 1956) who shall be appointed by the Development Bank for such term and on such remuneration as the Development Bank may fix.
(2) The auditors shall be supplied with a copy of the annual balance-sheet of the Small Industries Bank and it shall be their duty to examine it together with the accounts and vouchers relating thereto and they shall have a list delivered to them of all books kept by the Small Industries Bank and shall at all reasonable times have access to the books, accounts, vouchers and other documents of the Small Industries Bank.
(3) The auditors may, in relation to such accounts, examine any Director or any officer or other employee of the Small Industries Bank and shall be entitled to require from the Board or officers or other employees of the Small Industries Bank such information and explanation as they may think necessary for the performance of their duties.
(4) The auditors shall make a report to the Small Industries bank upon the annual balance-sheet and accounts examined by them and in every such report they shall state whether in their opinion the balance-sheet is a full and fair balance-sheet containing all necessary particulars and property drawn up so as to exhibit a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Small Industries Bank and in case they had called for any explanation or information from the Board or any officer or other employee of the Small Industries Bank whether it has been given and whether it is satisfactory.
(5) The Small Industries Bank shall furnish to the Central Government and the Development Bank within four months from the date on which its accounts are closed and balanced, a copy of its balance-sheet and accounts together with a copy of the auditors’ report and a report of the working of the Small Industries Bank during the relevant year, and the Central Government shall, as soon as may be after they are received by it, cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.