The Small Industries Development Bank of India Act,1989
Section 38. Rights of Small Industries Bank in case of default
(1) Where any industrial concern in the small-scale sector, which is under a liability to the Small Industries Bank under an agreement, makes any default in repayment of any loan or advance or any instalment thereof or in meeting its obligations in relation to any guarantee given by the Small Industries Bank or otherwise fails to comply with the terms of its agreement, with the Small Industries Bank, the Small Industries Bank shall have the right to take over the management, or possession, or both of such industrial concern in the small-scale sector, as well as the right to transfer by way of lease or sale and realise the property pledged mortgaged, hypothecated or assigned to the Small Industries Bank.
(2) Any transfer of property made by the Small Industries Bank, in exercise of its powers under sub-section (1), shall vest in the transfer all rights in or to the property transferred as if the transfer had been made by the owner of the property.
(3) The Small Industries Bank shall have the same rights and powers with respect to goods manufactured or produced wholly or partly from goods forming part of the security held by it as it had with respect to the original goods.
(4) Where any action has been taken against an industrial concern in the small-scale sector under the provisions of sub-section (1), all costs, charges and expenses which in the opinion of the Small Industries Bank have been properly incurred by it as incidental thereto shall be recoverable from the industrial concern in the small-scale sector and the money which is received by it shall, in the absence of any contract to the contrary, be held by it in trust to be applied firstly, in payment of such costs, charges and expenses and, secondly, in discharge of the debt due to the Small Industries Bank, and the residue of the money so received shall be paid to the person entitled thereto in accordance with his rights and interests.
(5) Where the Small Industries Bank takes over the management or possession of an industrial concern in the small-scale sector under the provisions of sub-section (1), the Small Industries Bank shall be deemed to be to the owner of such concern, for the purposes of suits by or against the concern, and shall sue and be sued in the name of the concern.