Sale Promotion Employees(Conditions of Service) Act,1976
1. SHORT TITLE, EXTENT, COMMENCEMENT AND APPLICATION. –
[Act 11 of 1976 as amended by Acts 46 of 1982, 69 of 1982 and Act 48 of 1986]
An Act to regulate certain conditions of service of sales promotion employees in certain establishments.
Be it enacted by Parliament in the Twenty-sixth Year of the Republic of India as follows :
(1) This Act may be called the Sales Promotion Employees (Conditions of Service) Act,1976.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint and different dates may be appointed for different States.
(4) It shall apply in the first instance to every establishment engaged in pharmaceutical industry.
(5) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, apply the provisions of this Act, with effect from such date as may be specified in the notification to any other establishment engaged in any notified industry.