Sale Promotion Employees(Conditions of Service) Act,1976
4. LEAVE. –
(1) In addition to such holidays, casual leave or other kinds of leave as may be prescribed, every sales promotion employee shall be ranted, if so requested for –
(a) earned leave on full wages for not less than one-eleventh of the period spent on duty;
(b) leave on medical certificate on one-half of the wages for not less than one-eighteenth of the period of service.
(2) The maximum limit up to which a sales promotion employee may accumulate earned leave shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) The limit up to the earned leave may be availed of at a time by a sales promotion employee and the reasons for which such limit may be exceeded shall be such as may be prescribed.
(4) A sales promotion employee shall, –
(a) when he voluntarily relinquishes his post or retires from service, or
(b) when his service are terminated for any reason whatsoever (not being termination as punishment), be entitled to cash compensation, subject to such conditions and restrictions as may be prescribed (including conditions byway of specifying the maximum period for which such cash compensation shall be payable), in respect of the earned leave earned by him and not availed of.
(5) Where a sales promoting employee dies while in service, his heirs shall be entitled to cash compensation for the earned leave earned by him and not availed of.
(6) The cash compensation which will be payable to a sales promotion employee or, as the case may be, his heirs in respect of any period of earned leave for which he or his heirs, as the case may be, is or are entitled to cash compensation under sub-section (4) or sub-section(5), as the case may be, shall be an amount equal to the wages due to such sales promotion employee for such period.