The States Reorganisation Act,1956
Section 114. Provisions relating to All-India Services
(1) In this section, the expression “State cadre”-
(a) In relation to the Indian Administrative Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Administrative Service (Cadre) Rules,1954, and
(b) In relation to the Indian Police Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Police Service (Cadre) Rules,1954.
(2) As from the appointed day, there shall be constituted for each of the new States a State cadre of the Indian Administrative Service and a State cadre of the Indian Police Service.
(3) The initial strength and composition of each of the said cadres shall be such as the Central Government may by order determine before the appointed day.
(4) The cadres of each of the said services for the existing States of Bombay, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab and Vindhya Pradesh and for the existing Part B States shall, as from the appointed day, cease to exist, and the members of each of the said services borne on those cadres shall be allocated to the State cadres of the same service for the new States or for the other existing States in such manner and with effect from such date or dates as the Central Government may by order specify.
(5) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to affect the operation after the appointed day of the All-India Services Act,1951 (16 of 1951), or the rules made thereunder in relation to the State cadres of the said services constituted under sub-section (2) and in relation to the members of those services born on the said cadres.