The States Reorganisation Act,1956
Section 17. Meetings of the Councils
(1) Each Zonal Council shall meet at such time as the Chairman of the Council may appoint in this behalf and shall, subject to the other provisions of this section, observe such rules of procedure in regard to transaction of business at its meetings as it may, with the approval of the Central Government, lay down from time to time.
(2) The Zonal Council for each zone shall, unless otherwise determined by it, meet in the States included in that zone by rotation.
(3) The Chairman or in his absence the Vice-Chairman or in the absence of both the Chairman and the Vice-Chairman, any other Member chosen by the members present from amongst themselves shall preside at a meeting of the Council.
(4) All questions at a meeting of a Zonal Council shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and in the case of and equality of votes the Chairman or, in his absence any other person presiding shall have a second or casting vote.
(5) The proceedings of every meeting of a Zonal Council shall be forwarded to the Central Government and also to each State Government concerned.