The Tobacco Board Act,1975
Section 6. Officers of the Board and other staff
(1) The Central Government shall appoint an Executive Director to exercise such powers and perform such duties under the Chairman as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(2) The Central Government shall appoint a Secretary to the Board to exercise such powers and perform such duties under the Chairman as may be prescribed or as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
(3) The Executive Director and the Secretary shall be entitled to such salaries and allowances and such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension, provident fund and other matters as may from time to time be fixed by the Central Government.
(4) Subject to such control, restrictions and conditions (including conditions as to appointment of the officers and other employees of the Tobacco Export Council, in the event of the said Council being would up) as may be prescribed, the Board may appoint such other officers and employees as may be necessary for the efficient performance of its functions.
(5) The Chairman, the Executive Director, the Secretary and other officers and employees of the Board shall not undertake any work unconnected with their duties under this Act except with the permission of the Central Government.