The Tea Companies (Acquisition and Transfer of Sick Tea Units) Act,1985
Section 4. General effect of vesting
(1) Every sick tea unit shall be deemed to include all assets, rights, lease-holds, powers, authorities and privileges and all property, movable and immovable, including lands, buildings, workshops, stores, instruments, machinery and equipment, cash balances, cash on hand, reserve funds, investments, book debts and all other rights and interests in, or arising out of, such property as were, immediately before the appointed day , in the ownership, possession, power or control of the tea company concerned, whether within or outside India, and all books of account, registers and all other documents of whatever nature relating thereto and shall also be deemed to include the liabilities specified in sub-section (1) section 24.
(2) All properties as aforesaid which have vested in the Tea Trading Corporation under sub-section (2) of section 3 shall, by force of such vesting, be freed and discharged from any trust, obligation, mortgage, charge, lien and all other encumbrances affecting them and any attachment, injunction, decree or order of any court, tribunal or other authority restricting the use of such properties in any manner or appointing any receiver in respect of the whole or any part of such properties shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
(3) Every mortgage of any property which has vested under this Act in the Tea Trading Corporation and every person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or relation to, any such property shall give, within such time and in such manner as may be prescribed, an intimation to the Commissioner of such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest.
(4) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that the mortgagee of any property referred to in sub-section (3) or any other person holding any charge, lien or other interest in, or in relation to, any such property shall be entitled to claim, in accordance with his rights and interests, payment of the mortgage money or other dues, in whole or in part, out of the amounts directed to be given under sections 6 and 7 to the tea company concerned but no such mortgage, charge, lien or other interest shall be enforceable against any property which has vested in the Tea Trading Corporation.
(5) Any licence or other instrument granted to a tea company in relation to its sick tea unit which has vested in the Tea Trading Corporation under sub-section (2) of section 3 at any time before the appointed day and in force immediately before that day shall continue to be in force or and after such day in accordance with its tenor in relation to and for the purposes of such sick tea unit, and that Corporation shall be deemed to be substituted in such licence or other instrument as if such licence or other instrument had been granted to such Corporation and such Corporation shall hold it for the remainder of the period for which the tea company would have held it under the terms thereof.
(6) If, on the appointed day, any suit, appeal or other proceeding of whatever nature, in relation to any matter specified in sub-section (1) of section 24, in respect of the sick tea unit of any tea company which has vested in the Tea Trading Corporation under sub-section (2) of section 3, instituted or preferred by or against that company, is pending, the same shall not abate, be discontinued or be, in any way, prejudicially affected by reason of the transfer of the sick tea unit of such tea company or of anything contained in this Act, but the suit, appeal or other proceeding may be continued, prosecuted or enforced by or against the Tea Trading Corporation.