The Tezpur University Act,1993
Section 27. Statutes how to made
(1) The first statutes are those set out in the second schedule.
(2) The board of Management may, from time to time , make new or additional statutes or may amend or repeal the statutes referred to in sub-section(1).
Provided that the board of Management shall not make, amend or repeal any statutes affecting the status , powers or constitution or any authority of the university until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes ,and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the board of Management.
(3) Every new statue or addition to the statue or any amendment of repeals of a statue shall require the assign of the visitor who may assent there to or withhold assent or remit to the board of Management for consideration.
(4) A new statue or statute amending or repealing an existing statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-section, the visitor may new or additional statutes or amends or repeals the statutes referred to in sub-section (1), during the period of three years immediately after the commencement of this Act. Provided that the visitor may ,on the expire of the said period of three years make , within one year from the date of such expire, such detailed statutes as he may consider necessary and such detailed statutes shall be laid before both houses of parliament
(6) Not withstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-section, the visitor may direct the university to make provisions in the statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Board of Management is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the board of Management for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the statutes suitably.