The Tezpur University Act,1993
Section 9. The Visitor
(1) The president of India shall be the visitor of the university ;
(2) The visitor may , from time to time , appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the university ,including colleges and institutions managed by it, and to submit a report thereon, and upon receipt of that report , the visitor may, after obtaining the views of the board of a Management thereon through the vice chancellor ,take such action and issue such directions as he considers necessary in respect of any of the matters deal with in the report and the university shall be bound to comply with such directions.
(3) The visitor shall have the right to cause an inspection to be made by such person or persons as he may direct of the university , its buildings ,laboratories and equipment and of any college or institution maintained by the university and also of the examinations teaching and other work conducted or done by the university and to cause an inquiry
(4) The visitor shall in every manner referred to its sub-section(2), to the university and the university shall have the right to make such representations to the visitor, as it may consider necessary.
(5) After considering the representations , if any made by the university ,the visitor may cause to be made such inspection or inquiry as is referred to in sub-section(3).
(6) Where any inspection or inquiry has been caused to be made by the visitor , the university shall be entitled to appoint a representative, who shall have the right to be present and be heard at such inspection or inquiry.
(7) The visitor may , if the inspection or inquiry is made in respect of the university or any college or institution maintained by it address the vice-chancellor with reference to the result of such inspection or inquiry together with such view and advice with regard to the action to be taken thereon as the visitor may be pleased to offer , and on receipt of address made by the visitor , the vice -chancellor shall communicate to the board of Management the views of the visitor with such advice as the victor may offer upon the action to be taken thereon.
(8) The Board of Management shall committee , through the vice-chancellor , to the visitor such action , if any as it proposes to take or has been taken upon the result of such inspection or inquiry.
(9) Where the Board of Management does not , with in a reasonable time , take action to the satisfaction of the visitor, the visitor may, after considering any explanation furnished or representation made by the Board of Management issue such directions as he may think fit and the Board of Management shall comply with such directions.
(10) Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this section , the visitor may, by order in writing annual any proceeding of the university which is not in confirmly with the Act, the statutes or the ordinances;
Provided that before making any such order , he shall call upon the registrar to show cause why such an order should not be made, and if any cause is shown within a reasonable time ,he shall consider the same.
(11) The visitor shall have such other powers as may be prescribed by the statutes;