The Tezpur University Act,1993
Part 16. The planning Board
(1) The Planning Board shall be the principal planning body of the University and shall be reasonable for-
(a) Reviewing the educational programmes offered by the University;
(b) Organizing the structure of education in the University so as to provide opportunities to students to offer different combinations of subjects appropriate for the development of personality and skills for useful work in society;
(c) Creating in atmosphere and environment conductive to value-oriented education; and
(d) Developing new teaching -learning processes which will combine to lectures, tutorials, seminars, demonstrations, self-studies and collective impractical projects.
(3) The Planning Board shall have the power to advise on the development of the University and review the progress implementation of programmed so as to ascertain whether they are on the lines recommended by it and shall also have the power to advise the Board of Management and the Academic Council on any matter in connection therewith.
(4) The constitution of a Board of Post-graduate Studies and the term of office of its members shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.
(5) The functions of a Board of Post-graduate Studies shall be to approve subjects for research for various degrees and other requirements of research degrees and to recommend to the concerned School Board in the manner prescribed by the Ordinances
(a) Courses of studies and appointment of examiners for Postgraduate courses, but excluding research degrees;
(b) Appointment of supervisors of research; and
(c) Measures for the improvement of the standard of postgraduate teaching and research:
Provided that the above functions of a Board of Post-graduate Studies shall, during the period of three years immediately after the commencement of the Act, be performed by the Department.
(6) The constitution and functions of a Board of Under-graduate Studies and the term of its members shall be prescribed by the Ordinances.