The Tezpur University Act,1993
Part 31. Maintenance of discipline among students of the University
(1) All powers relating to disciplinary action in relation to students of the University shall vest in the Vice-Chancellor
(2) The Vice-Chancellor may delegate all or any of his powers as he deems proper to a Protect and to such other officers as he may specify in this behalf.
(3) Without prejudice to the generally of hiss powers re lashing to the maintenance of discipline and that such action, as may seem to him appropriate for the maintenance of discipline, the Vice-Chancellor may, in exercise of his powers, by order, direct that any student or student be expelled, or rusticated, for a specified period, or be not admitted to a course or courses of study in a College, Institution or Department of the University for a stated period, or be punished with fine for an amount to be specified in the order, or be punished with fine for an amount to be specified in the order, or be debarred from taking an examination or examinations conducted by the University, College, Institution or Department or a School for one or more years, or that the results of the student or students concerned in the examination or examinations which he or they have appeared be cancelled.
(4) The Principals of Colleges, Institutions, Deans of Schools of Studies and Heads of teaching Departments in the University shall have the authority to exercise all such disciplinary powers over the students in their respective Colleges, Institutions, Schools and teaching Departments in the University as may be necessary or the proper conduct of Such Colleges, Institutions, Schools and teaching in the Departments.
(5) Without prejudice to the powers of the Vice-Chancellor, the principals and other persons specified in clause (4), detailed rules of discipline and proper conduct shall be made by the University. The Principals of Colleges, Institutions, Deans of Schools of Studies and Heads of teaching Departments in the University may also make the supplementary rules as they deem necessary for the aforesaid purposes
(6) At the time of admission, every student shall be required to sign a declaration to the effect that he submits himself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Vice-Chancellor and other authorities of the University