The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960
Section 113. Reasonable rent
(1) The competent authority may, on application made to it in this behalf by the raiyat or the under-raiyat, determine the reasonable rent for any land..
(2) The form of application under sub-section (1) and the procedure to be followed by the competent authority shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) In determining the reasonable rent, the competent authority shall have regard to-
(a) The rental value of lands used for similar purposes in the locality;
(b) The profits of agriculture of similar lands in the locality;
(c) The price of crops and commodities in the locality;
(d) The improvements, if any, made to the land by the raiyat or the under-raiyat;
(e) The land revenue payable in respect of the land; and
(f) Any other factor which may be prescribed.
(4) Where the reasonable rent for any land has been determined under this section, it shall not be altered for a period of five years except on any of the following grounds, namely;
(a) That the quality of the land has deteriorated by flood or other natural causes;
(b) That there has been an increase in the produce of the land on account of improvements made to it at the expenses of the raiyat;
(c) That the extent of land has been altered by more than one acre by alluvion or diluvion;
(d) That the land has been partially or wholly rendered unfit for cultivation.
(5) Nothing in sub-sections (1) to (4) shall affect the right of the Government to make an order directing the determination of the reasonable rent of lands in any specified area.