Laws and Bare Acts of India at

MyNation Foundation Online Law Library

Section 121 – The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960

The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960

Section 121. Compensation for improvements

(1) An under-raiyat who had made any improvement at his own expense on the land leased to him shall, if he is to be evicted under the provisions of this Chapter, be entitled to receive compensation, before he is so evicted, for such improvement as, in the opinion of the competent authority, is reasonable.

(2) The compensation payable to an under-raiyat under sub-section (1) shall be determined in accordance with the value of such improvements on the date of eviction, and in determining such compensation, regard shall be had to the following matters namely:-

(a) The amount by which the value of the land has increased by reason of the improvement;

(b) The condition of the improvement at the date of the determination of the value thereof and the probable duration of its effect;

(c) The labour and capital involved in the making of the improvement; and

(d) The advantages secured by the under-raiyat in consideration of the improvement made by him.

(3) In any case in which compensation is payable to an under-raiyat under this section, the competent authority may direct that,-

(a) The whole or any part of any loan which the under-raiyat has taken on the security of his interest in the land under section 109 and which is outstanding shall be deducted form such compensation and paid to the Government or the co-operative society, as the case may be;

(b) Any arrear of rent due by the under-raiyat to the raiyat and the costs, if any, awarded to the raiyat shall be adjusted against the compensation.

Previous | Next

The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960

Indian Laws – Bare Acts


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2021 Laws and Bare Acts of India at

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation