Laws and Bare Acts of India at

MyNation Foundation Online Law Library

Section 131 – The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960

The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960

Section 131. First option to purchase

(1) If a raiyat at any time intends to sell his land held by an under-raiyat, he shall give notice in writing of his intention to such under-raiyat and offer to sell the land o him.In case the latter intends to purchase the land, he shall intimate in writing his readiness to do so within two months from the date of receipt of such notice.

(2) If there is any dispute about the reasonable price payable for the land, either the raiyat or the under-raiyat may apply in writing to the competent authority for determining the reasonable price; and the competent authority, after giving notice to the other party and to all other persons interested in the land and after making such inquiry as it thinks fit, shall fix the reasonable price of the land which shall be the average of the prices obtaining for similar lands in the locality during the ten years immediately preceding the date on which the application is made.

(3) The under-raiyat shall deposit with the competent authority the amount of the price determined under sub-section (2) within such period as may be prescribed.

(4) On deposit of the entire amount of the reasonable price, the competent authority shall issue a certificate in the prescribed from to the under-raiyat declaring him to be the purchaser of the land; the competent authority shall also direct that the reasonable price deposited shall be paid to the raiyat.

(5) If an under-raiyat does not exercise the right under sub-section (1) or fails to deposit the amount of the price as required by sub-section (3), such under-raiyat shall forfeit his right of purchase, and the raiyat shall be entitled to sell such land to any other person.

(6) The forfeiture of the right to purchase any land under this section shall not affect the other right of the under-raiyat in such land.

Previous | Next

The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960

Indian Laws – Bare Acts


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Not found ...? HOW TO WIN 498a, DV, DIVORCE; Search in Above link

All Law documents and Judgment copies
Landmark Judgments
Important SC/HC Judgements on 498A IPC
Rules and Regulations of India.
Copyright © 2021 Laws and Bare Acts of India at

Free Legal Help, Just WhatsApp Away

MyNation HELP line

We are Not Lawyers, but No Lawyer will give you Advice like We do

Please read Group Rules – CLICK HERE, If You agree then Please Register CLICK HERE and after registration  JOIN WELCOME GROUP HERE

We handle Women Centric biased laws like False Section 498A IPC, Domestic Violence(DV ACT), Divorce, Maintenance, Alimony, Child Custody, HMA 24, 125 CrPc, 307, 312, 313, 323, 354, 376, 377, 406, 420, 497, 506, 509; TEP, RTI and many more…

MyNation FoundationMyNation FoundationMyNation Foundation