The Tripura Land Revenue and Land Reforms Act,1960
Section 137. Collector to take charge of estates, etc., vested in the Government
(1) The Collector shall take charge of estates and interests of intermediaries, which vest in the Government under section 135.
(2) For the purpose aforesaid, the Collector may, by written order served in the prescribed manner, require any intermediary or other person in possession of any such estate or interest to give up such possession by a date to be specified in the order (which shall not be earlier than sixty days from the date of service of the order) or to deliver by that date any documents, registers, or records, connected with the management of such estate or interest which are in his custody or to furnish a statement in the prescribed from in respect of such estate or interest.
(3) The Collector or any other officer authorised by him in this behalf may take such steps or use such force as may be necessary to enforce compliance with the order and may also enter any building or place for the purpose of taking possession of the documents, registers or records referred to in sub-section (2).
(4) An intermediary shall be entitled to make inspection of any documents, registers or records which have been delivered to or taken possession of by the Collector, to make notes therefrom or to have certified copies thereof granted to him.No fees shall be charged for making inspection or for making notes, but fees may be charged, according to the prescribed scale, for the grant of certified copies.
(5) Nothing in this Section shall be deemed to authorise the collector to take possession of-
(a) Any land or of any right of an intermediary therein, which may be retained by the intermediary under section 136, or
(b) Any religious institution or any building connected therewith.