The Trade Unions Act, 1926
5. Application for registration.—
(1) Every application for registration of a Trade Union shall be made to the Registrar and shall be accompanied by a copy of the rules of the Trade Union and a statement of the following particulars, namely:—
(a) the names, occupations and address of the members making application;
1[(aa) in the case of a Trade Union of workmen, the names, occupations and addresses of the place of work of the members of the Trade Union making the application;]
(b) the name of the Trade Union and the address of its head office; and
(c) the titles, names, ages, addresses and occupations of the 2[office-bearers] of the Trade Union.
(2) Where a Trade Union has been in existence for more than one year before the making of an application for its registration, there shall be delivered to the Registrar, together with the application, a general statement of the assets and liabilities of the Trade Union prepared in such form and containing such particulars as may be prescribed.
1. Ins. by Act 31 of 2001, sec. 3 (w.e.f. 9-1-2002).
2. Subs. by Act 38 of 1964, sec. 2, for “officers” (w.e.f. 1-4-1965).