Section 8. Visitor
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of the University.
(2) The Visitor shall have the right to cause an inspection to be made by such person or persons as he may direct, of the University, its buildings, laboratories and equipment, and of any College or Institution maintained by the University; and also of the examinations, teaching and other work conducted or done by the University and to cause an inquiry to be made in like manner in respect of any matter connected with the administration or finances of the University, Colleges or Institutions.
(3) The Visitor shall, in every case, give notice to the University of his intention to cause an inspection or inquiry to be made and on receipt of such notice, the University shall have the right to make such representations to the Visitor, as it may consider necessary.
(4) After considering the representations, if any, made by the University, the Visitor may cause to be made such inspection or inquiry as is referred to in sub-section (2).
(5) Where any inspection or inquiry has been caused to be made by the Visitor, the University shall be entitled to appoint a representative who shall have the right to be present and to be heard at such inspection or inquiry.
(6) The Visitor may, if the inspection or inquiry is made in respect of the University or any College or Institution maintained by it, address the Vice-Chancellor with reference to the result of such inspection or inquiry, and the Vice-Chancellor shall communicate to the Executive Council the views of the Visitor with such advice as the Visitor may be pleased to offer upon the action to be taken thereon.
(7) The Executive Council shall communicate through the Vice-Chancellor to the Visitor such action, if any, as it proposes to take or has been taken upon the result of such inspection or inquiry.
(8) Where the Executive Council does not, within a reasonable time, take action to the satisfaction of the Visitor, the Visitor may, after considering any explanation furnished or representation made by the Executive Council, issue such directions as he may think fit and the Executive Council shall comply with such directions.
(9) Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this section, the Visitor may, by order in writing, annul any proceeding of the University which is not in conformity with this Act, the Statutes or Ordinances:
Provided that before making any such order, he shall call upon the University to show cause why such an order should not be made, and, if any cause is shown within a reasonable time, he shall consider the same.
(10) The Visitor shall have such other powers as may be prescribed by the Statutes.