Weekly Holidays Act,1942
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Weekly Holidays Act,1942.
(2) It extends to the whole of India 1[***].
(3) It shall come into force in a 2[State] or in a specified area within a 2[State] only if the 3[State] Government by notification in the Official Gazette so directs.
1. The words “except the State of Jammu & Kashmir” subs. for “except Part B States” by Act 3 of 1951, sec. 3 and Sch. which were subsequently omitted by Act 51 of 1970, sec. 2 and Sch.
2. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws Order,1950, for “Provinces” .
3. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws Order,1950, for “Provincial” .