34. Publication of rules.—
(1) The power to make rules conferred by 1[section 32] shall be subject to the condition of the rules being made after previous publication.
(2) The date to be specified in accordance with clause (3) of section 23 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897) as that after which a draft of rules proposed to be made under section 32 2[***] will be taken into consideration, shall not be less than three months from the date on which the draft of the proposed rules was published for general information.
(3) Rules so made shall be published in 3[***] the Official Gazette 4[***], and on such publication, shall have effect as if enacted in this Act.
1. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for “sections 32 and 33”.
2. The words and figures “or section 33” omitted by the A.O. of 1937.
3. The words “the Gazette of India or” omitted by the A.O. of 1937.
4. The words “as the case may be” omitted by the A.O. of 1937.